Why you need a Website
If you do a Google Search for “why do you need a website” as of today it returned About 6,040,000,000 results – OMG!
If you have any kind of product or service, the answer is probably yes so we will waste no time on this one.
Because the internet is so incredibly powerful and unlimited as to what you have available to you it can be information overload.
The best quote I ever read, that makes this point perfectly is, “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant” a quote by Mitchell Kapor.
The typical scenario when someone is trying to make the transition to going online, is they research it to death, and get so much information they can’t move forward.
Here is the best thing you can do to get started.
The only thing you need to do immediately is decide what you want to call yourself online like www.paintbrushes.com. Once you find a domain that is available, purchase it immediately! If you change your mind, or come up with something better later, fine! You can have as many of these as you want all pointing to the same site. Also, no matter what else you do, this will be the foundation of everything else you will need, and it does not matter if you do the work yourself or hire someone.
One place I use for this is Godaddy, because they are usually the cheapest, and I like their tech support, but use anybody you want, it does not matter!
If you are not sure what you would need or do with a website, here are a few things to consider.
Its the most affordable way for you to tell people who you are and what you do.
Its where people will be looking for your product or service.
Its the best place for you to answer your customers or visitors most frequently asked questions.
And finally, you can be sure if you have any competition, they will have a website!
Written by admin
December 28, 2018
Help with Mobile Technologies and Smart Devices.
Many of us don’t use many features of our smart devices, and just by taking a class or let me train you, one on one, you will get much more out of the tech you have spent your hard earned money on.
Classes on IOS Devices and everything they can do.
What to do when you get your new device.
- Install iTunes & setup synch & backup options or use iCloud.
- Create Apple ID.
- Configure iCloud options and decide between backup to cloud or iTunes and decide how you want your information synched.
- Setup Find my iPhone and make sure to set “Send MY Last Known” option and Send Last Location, for when battery dies.
- Set Up and Use Touch ID, the iPhone Fingerprint Scanner or the FaceID.
- Set Up Medical ID and emergency information.
- Setup email and iMessages and set Auto Erase Messages setting.
- Configure Your Social Networking Settings for sharing options.
- Teach Siri who you are and establish your relationships.
- Get to know your new IOS (Take a class from Tim).
- Go through all the settings and familiarize yourself with those options.
- Get some apps for your passions or interests. I will cover some tips on how to find apps.
- Learn all the Built-In Apps, or at the very least the ones you will find useful.
- Get New Apps – some top choices. RedLaser. Apps for your favorite sites like Facebook, YouTube, Amazon, eBay, DirecTv, your local stores like Walmart, PDF Reader and scanner. (These are the most common and readable everywhere).
- A Password App.
- Lock screen shortcut?
- Charge faster by putting into airplane mode and/or use a higher wattage charger (Newer phones upport “Fast Charging”.
- How to do a Screen shot.
- Whats App & Snapchat, so all of us can audio/video message each other that have other types of smart devices.
- Call bloacking apps.
- New Widgets and favorites.
- Triple tap shortcut for Grayscale as an example in “General”
- Accessability” “Accessability Shortcut”
Take a class
So many people tend to just learn what they think they want, and never really learn all the other stuff they could be doing with thier tech. Let me help you learn all the amazing things technology can do for you.
Learn to do it with your voice
Speech technology is improving all the time and it always amazes me as to how many people say it does not work for them. Usually I find this can be improved on and evrybody should be doing it!
Learn how to be safe online
There a some basic things you can look for that will keep you safe online. When in doubt, JUST SAY NO!
First Look at Tech
When it comes time to buy that new technology, come to me. I usually have information not yet available to the public, and have probably tested it thouroughly before recommending it.
- Operating System
Don’t trust just anybody
I hope that after working with me you will come to realize that I am very honest and will take your interests and needs into consideration before recommending anything. Sadly this is not the case at many places people go and they end up with something they did not need, or was not a good choice for them.
With 4/5 stars, this new product a solid BUY
Cabin Fever That's what we used to call it growing up in Lake Tahoe when snowstorms would require you to stay home. Now with all the quarantines, the whole world is experiencing this, some for the first time. With technology and especially the internet, we now have...
Act as a remote for photography, presentations, control of other devices Watch TV, Movies, YouTube Videos Amazing Photography apps Skype Apps in the App store for your passion and utilities galore Gaming Platform Shopping Apps Education Finance Music and Radio Social...
With the speed of everything on the internet these days, everyone seems to want to just "Flick the switch" and get online. Well, I have learned over the years that there is much more to consider, if you are really going to be successful with your online campaigns....
Apple Airpods 2
360 Deluxe Tailgate umbrella
Sony CX405 Handycam$75.00
QardioArm Wireless Smart Blood Pressure Monitor$60.00
Queen Anne’s Revenge$150.00
Black Pearl Pirate Ship$150.00
Pepper Spray Gun$300.00
Carbon Fiber Monopod$50.00
Chromakey Background Panel with Support Stand$30.00